Lewis Carol said, “if you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” So goes strategic planning and organizational performance. Unless the organization can identify clear objectives and design and plan for specific work to achieve those objectives, the chances of achieving meaningful success are minimal.
Human Resource professionals play an integral part in an organization’s strategic planning processes; this interactive six-hour workshop will have you diving right in! The instructor will provide an overview of the strategic planning process and will lead the participants step-by-step through each phase, thereby illuminating the critical value and benefits the HR leader brings to the process.
We are honored to have Heather Kinzie, Chief Operating Officer of The Strive Group in Anchorage, Alaska present this series for ILSHRM.
SESSION DATES/TIMES (CT)
- June 22 – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- June 23 – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- June 24 – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN…
- Understand the phases of organizational strategic planning and identify activities and initiatives associated with each;
- Understand the affect that values and/or guiding principles have on organizational decision making;
- Appreciate the significance of Corporate Social Responsibility and comprehend how the elements of such affect organizational strategic planning;
- Utilize two different frameworks to analyze an organization to better enable realistic goal setting;
- Understand and effectively execute two different goal setting concepts;
- Understand the purpose of and elements to effective action plans;
- Appreciate Key Performance Indicators and learn how to identify which indicators/results are most aligned with goals;
- Understand the need for and development of a business case to influence organizational decision making;
- Understand how to engage in and execute project plans for strategic initiatives;
- Understand the value that HR programs (data, insights and advice, expertise, etc.) add to organizational strategic management;
- Identify, within their own organizations, where vulnerabilities exist and identify how best to rectify and/or mitigate them; and
- Get energized with the work that undoubtedly lies ahead, and begin to develop a plan to get there.
SHRM Members – $199*
Non-SHRM Members – $249*
*includes access to recordings for all three sessions for 30 days
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations prior to June 1, 2021 will be assessed a cancellation fee of $50. Cancellations received June 1 or after are not eligible for refund, however registration may be transferred to another individual with no penalty.
- Pre-Approved for 6.0 hours of SHRM Professional Development Credit (PDC) through the Society for Human Resource Management
- Pre-Approved for 6.0 hours of HRCI BUSINESS recertification credit through the Human Resource Certification Institute