SHRM offers two levels of certification
- SHRM-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- SHRM-Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Key benefits of the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP
- Are 100% focused on the competencies and knowledge all HR professionals need to lead in today’s business community.
- Are based on a single, comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) and are relevant worldwide, giving professionals the recognition and flexibility to use their knowledge, skills and competencies anywhere their career takes them.
- Are competency and knowledge based – to ensure the professional’s ability to demonstrate what they know, and what they can do with their knowledge in a variety of situations they encounter.
- Are based on in-depth research focused on —and backed by— global employers and business leaders and reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
- Recognize diversity in the HR profession.
To learn more about the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP and access the Certification Handbook, use the link and the menu options: https://www.shrm.org/certification/about/Pages/default.aspx[dt_gap height=”30″}
Seeking HR certification for the first time?
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
To learn more about obtaining your SHRM certification, go to: https://shrm.org/certification/apply/Pages/applicationprocess.aspx
For information on obtaining SHRM certification preparation materials (the SHRM Learning System), go to: https://shrm.org/certification/prepare/Pages/default.aspx
Certification Exam Preparatory Courses
A number of colleges, universities and SHRM chapters in Illinois offer qualified classroom or online instructor-led exam preparation courses for each testing window. Click Here to view the list. Contact the providers directly for more information about their courses. Courses typically begin 3-4 months BEFORE the beginning of the testing window.
Once you obtain your SHRM Certification, you will begin a three-year SHRM recertification cycle.
For information on recertification, go to https://shrm.org/certification/recertification/recertification-requirements/Pages/default.aspx
Frequently Asked SHRM Certification Questions
For more information
Phone (U.S. only): 800.283.7476, option 3
The HR Certification Institute offers a comprehensive portfolio of advanced professional credentials for HR professionals worldwide. HRCI offers six certifications that provide an opportunity for HR professionals around the world, in different roles and stages of the profession, to demonstrate relevance, competence, experience, credibility and dedication to human resources to their employers, clients, staff members and professional peers.
- PHR Professional in Human Resources
- SPHR Senior Professional in Human Resources
- GPHR Global Professional in Human Resources
- HRMP Human Resource Management Professional
- HRBP Human Resources Business Professional
- PHR-CA or SPHR-CA California Certification
Learn more about the HRCI Certifications
HRCI’S Certification common FAQ’S
HRCI Certification preparation support
Exam preparation tips– http://www.hrci.org/exam-preparation
Please reach out to your ILSHRM Certification Director or your Chapter Certification Chair to find out if other individuals are also preparing for the SHRM or HRCI exams.
HRCI Certification handbooks
For more information
Phone: (U.S. only) 1.866.898.4724
Phone (International): +1.571.551.6700